Business Journalist New York, NY
Business Journalist, Audience Development and Innovation
– Contract role in New York, NY
RedStream Technology is seeking a Business Journalist to join the Audience Development and Innovation team of a global management consulting firm. In this role, you will focus primarily on building, launching, and overseeing a new editorial product for the firms website. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team publishing cutting-edge business content and work with other journalists and authors around the world to curate, develop, and publish distinctive content across digital platforms.
Your responsibilities will be diverse and you will interact regularly with site designers, producers, technologists, and other content creators to develop, promote, and continually enhance the new product in order to anticipate reader needs and create instructive and delightful materials.
As a business journalist, you will conceptualize, develop, launch, and manage a new editorial product that answers reader questions on timely topics of broad interest and appeal. Using SEO data, reader input, and internal knowledge priorities, youll develop a series of compelling topics and underpinning questions. You will be the point-person for this content through all stages of production.
- 5 years professional experience in business writing and editing, including digital publishing, preferably for an English-language business publication or a professional-services firm
- Keen editorial judgment; ability to rapidly absorb complex ideas and distill them into accessible copy for global audiences
- Understanding of what drives engagement and builds audiences
- Comfortable using reader data and performance analytics to influence decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to confidently and tactfully engage with senior staff and subject-matter experts; skill at achieving consensus and moving projects forward
- Willingness to be edited by peers and to receive and act on feedback
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, manage complex processes, and meet both short-term and long-term deadlines
- Ability to work independently in a low-structure environment and to deal with ambiguity; willingness to proactively seek guidance when appropriate
- Positive attitude and team orientation