Content Marketer New York, NY
- Contract, Hybrid Role in NYC, Atlanta or Los Angeles
RedStream Technology is seeking a Content Marketer to join the Audience Development and Innovation team of a global management consulting firm. In this role, you will focus on promoting our client’s rich, evolving portfolio of editorial products—including email newsletters, content formats and franchises across multiple digital platforms.
The Content Marketer will be responsible for developing and executing strategies and messaging to make audiences aware of the benefits of engaging with our client’s content and editorial products, and will tailor the approach according to digital channel (site, email, social, app, third-party partnerships, etc.). The Content Marketer will come up with innovative promotions for existing products as well as holistic launch plans for new products. While the role will not be responsible for creating editorial products, you will need to understand those products and the benefits they offer various segments of our audience—and then write crisp, tailored copy for promotional assets such as landing pages, banners, emails, and social posts. You will also revamp our email subscriber lifecycle messaging, such as onboarding and reengagement emails and in-app messages.
The content marketer will have honed expertise in creating on-brand, accessible, compelling messages that both acquire and retain digital audiences. Using your impeccable collaboration, communication, and project-management skills, you will work with colleagues across disciplines to get input and approval and ultimately manage assets from creation to cross-channel distribution. While being a strong strategist, you are also a results-oriented pragmatist who can execute those strategies. You will closely track performance of various promotions and conduct ongoing testing to make continual improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as a content or digital marketer at an English-language publication or media organization with a large, growing audience base; some experience in a professional-services setting a plus
- Deep understanding of and proven experience at developing compelling digital marketing strategies and messaging—including implementation, testing, and reporting
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write copy about a wide variety of editorial products that is adaptable to different audiences
- Exceptional planning, project-management, and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently in a low-structure environment, and to deal with ambiguity
- Familiarity with general business concepts
- Positive attitude and team orientation
- Comfort working in a low-structure, nonhierarchical environment