DevOps Engineer Remote
- Long Term contract role, remote
RedStream Technology is recruiting a DevOps Engineer to join the team at a premier hedge fund.
Key experience they are looking for is past experience working in a financial services firm and a background in software development.
What youll do As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of team responsible for establishing and maintaining the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) automation infrastructure to support the Software Engineering team.
- You will work with a cross functional team to deliver scalable automation solutions to enable rapid development, configuration management of the source code and supporting test, deployment and production sustaining activities.
- Work closely with the development team to understand the solution architecture and build requirements in order to properly build the CICD pipelines.
- You will be part of a growing team establishing the platform of the future for the build and deployment of infrastructure as code.
- Help establish best practices for code deployment to on premise and cloud-based infrastructure.
- Help establish best practices for integrating unit testing as part of the automated build pipeline.
- Work with development teams to create flexible architectures that can ensure enough capacity for traffic spikes
- Work with development and support teams to provide alerting and monitoring frameworks for applications and infrastructure to ensure monitoring for system health and performance across the entire stack.
- This position works closely with our internal software developers, external partners and service providers to ensure our systems are stable, reliable and provide a fast, responsive experience for our customers.
Requirements and Experience:
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Work experience as a programmer in a team, from coding to release.
- Work experience using a build tool, e.g. make, maven, et al
- Be able to read build output and help clients see what happened.
- Work experience automating releases via Docker, Ansible, shell scripts et al.
- Work experience in a UNIX environment.
- Expert knowledge of Jenkins and CI/CD pipelines including experience using pipeline as code (groovy)
- Strong knowledge of software configuration management systems and version control software preferably git
- Hands on experience with container technology: Docker/OpenShift/Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of test processes and test strategies including test automation
- Extensive knowledge and experience developing scripts for automation