Digital Editor Remote
Digital Content Manager / Editor
– Remote, contract role
RedStream Technology is seeking a Digital Content Manager / Editor to join the editorial team for a global management consulting firm. This role will lead projects with internal clients in order to create engaging digital content and user experiences on our clients website.
As a Digital Content Manager, you will bring exceptional digital communications experience to the table and provide expertise on web content development. Your outstanding project management skills and strong editorial judgement will allow you to create engaging and innovative web experiences. This is a great opportunity to collaborate with a small and highly dedicated web communications team and lead diverse teams.
- Lead diverse and geographically distributed teams, including writers, editors, producers, multimedia experts, and talented storytellers and communicators, on multiple web creation projects at a time
- Keep project teams aligned, motivated, and moving forward successfully against mutually agreed upon project responsibilities, goals, deliverables, and timelines
- Synthesize and shape ideas into clear, concise copy, and lead the creation and delivery of brand-aligned digital content
- Maintain a high bar on copy quality throughout content development stages, providing constructive feedback and guidance to help quickly shape and elevate drafts into compelling descriptions and stories about our clients work, impact, people, and careers, suitable for a global audience
- Work closely and collaboratively with web designers and UX experts, helping advise internal clients during the development of wireframes
- Facilitate the exploration, review, and selection of visual assets, including photos, videos, interactives, and multimedia, to ensure they work in service of page content and align with our clients values and visual identity guidelines
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 5-7 years of demonstrated impact in a communications role, supporting marketing, or communications in a professional services environment, or equivalent
- A deep understanding of web/mobile content and UX best practices; substantial experience in external communications with a focus on web content development
- Experience leading geographically dispersed teams with clear purpose and vision; high comfort level using virtual tools to stay connected, responsive, and collaborative
- Proven process and project management skills, with a hands-on, detail-oriented style
- Outstanding editorial skills; ability to quickly grasp and shape wide-ranging topics clearly and concisely for a global audience, applying web best practices and company guidelines
- Strategic and creative thinker and thought partner who can anticipate problems, plan contingencies, and react quickly.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills; able to execute with speed, accuracy, and flexibility; not flustered by last-minute changes and comfortable handling sensitive and time-critical issues
- An entrepreneurial, non-hierarchical, and collaborative attitude, with interest and aptitude for working across tenures and role types, countries, and cultures; able to navigate and thrive with ease in a highly respectful, diverse, inclusive, and complex organization
- A people person, skilled at relationship building and influencing; able to effectively balance diplomacy with tenacity when working to gain alignment on goals
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, a resourceful and positive mindset with strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong mastery of Microsoft Office and shared tools, e.g., Box, Slack, Zoom
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in a field related to business or communications; evidence of intellectual curiosity as demonstrated by other professional training and outside activities