Monitoring Engineer New York, NY
Infrastructure Services Monitoring Engineer
- Consulting Role, Metro NYC
The role of the Core Services Monitoring Engineer is to design and implement monitoring solutions that provide real-time visibility into system health, performance, and security; application monitoring and log analysis frameworks to provide deep operational visibility of our production systems.
- Design and develop monitoring solutions and tools that provide real-time visibility into system health, performance, and security; application monitoring and log analysis frameworks to provide deep operational visibility of our production systems
- Prepare and verify monitoring requirements and business needs working with product owners and customer.
- Perform detailed configuration, implementation, integration, requirements validation, and troubleshooting of a secure monitoring solution system to support all aspects of the day-to-day operations
- Develop monitoring solutions within unique environments that may require Layer 2 or Layer 3 functions including OSPF, BGP, VRRP, QoS, ACLs, NAT, and DNS solutions
- Develop and execute acceptance test plans for requirements validation testing
- Provide hands on experience to deploy third party products
- Provide continuous improvement support with Product and Deployment teams to increase quality and efficiency of the environment’s Core Services Monitoring Designs
- Collaborate with Internal and Customer operations team to understand future system state on how to best design, implement and maintain a mission-critical system
- 5+ years of Monitoring engineering experience
- Must be a self-motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives.
- Must have good interpersonal and presentation skills
- A seasoned professional having wide-ranging experience – uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be comfortable with public speaking and developing relationships across all levels of the enterprise
- Outstanding time management skills – should be able to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint & Project)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related major
- Experience with at least one of the following: Public Safety communications systems, Cellular infrastructure, Military communications, Civil construction or IT Networks
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and manage tools such as ScienceLogic, Splunk, Infinistream, ServiceNow and others
- Experience with requirements traceability and verification of requirements-based testing
- Client focused and collaborate with engineers, developers and infrastructure teams to provide a reliable and dynamic set of services through an enterprise monitoring solution