User Experience Manager Bergen County, NJ
Employee role with a thriving medical industry company
- Northern New Jersey
RedStream Technologys client is a leading medical services firm headquartered in Northern New Jersey. Our client is looking to hire a User Experience (UX) Manager to lead their UX strategy and the user experience design solutions.
This individual will be responsible for shaping and communicating user experience insights, strategies and developing experience design solutions while ensuring the end product advances our clients business strategy. To achieve this, you should have an expansive skill set with the ability to play multiple roles across the organization including: collaborator, analyzer, designer, storyteller, and proven influencer as you take our clients digital product portfolio from ideation to execution.
Experience in the consumer and provider healthcare UX/UI space is preferred.
- Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Conduct user research, competitive analysis, and stakeholder interviews
- Synthesize discovery research into a strategic approach and create deliverables such as user journey maps, process flows, storyboards and user personas
- Researching and implementing front end design best practices
- Understanding product specifications and user psychology
- Conducting concept and usability testing to gather feedback
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop lo and hi fidelity wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability, search)
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to product teams
- Create annotated wireframes to be handed off for development
- Designing products that conform to accessibility standards
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Implement responsive layouts and styling
- Work with the product and technology team to design reusable components
- Participate in design sprints and design thinking workshops
- Work with cross functional teams to promote and implement best practices
- Manage engagements with 3rd parties as needed
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum 5 years relevant and progressive UX experience with 10 years of information technology experience.
- Portfolio of non-confidential work highlighting UX design and associated artifacts
- Healthcare, and consumer facing digital product industry experience desired
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present design ideas with clarity and an open-mind to receiving feedback.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of UI design products
- Clear experience in delivering business results
- Must be comfortable navigating seamlessly between setting a strategy and executing/implementing
- Demonstrated track record of project planning, execution, and tracking
- Extensive experience delivering projects using Agile methodologies required
- Experience using design thinking methodologies to build digital products
- Entrepreneurial approach to innovation & problem solving when needed
- Experience partnering with clinical leadership a plus
- Experience managing external vendors and partners
- Understanding of healthcare regulations and privacy best practices
- Experience working in a matrix organization