Virtualization Engineer New York, NY
– Metro New York City, long term contract role
RedStream Technology is seeking a Virtualization Engineer to join a project with a large communications company. The role will include building a combination of networking and server infrastructure.
- Design and deploy VMware NSX
- Ability to develop alternative routing scenarios and changes as required for network activities.
- Develop and execute acceptance test plans.
- Provide hands on experience to deploy third party equipment
- Prepare detailed specification, configuration and documentation from high and low level system and IP network designs.
- Own issues and exceptions and work them through to resolution.
- Produce transparent written and verbal communications.
- Prioritize time and financial spend to maximize spend / risk reduction return.
- Create controls and mitigation strategies and frameworks as needed.
- Ensure expectations for delivery or resolution are met and communicated transparently to clients, both internal and external.
- Experience supporting complex end-to-end network solutions in a Mission Critical environment.
- Knowledge of communication protocols, client server architectures, computer networking technologies, network security solutions, and software integration.
- Understanding of systems integration processes, requirements gathering, and software deployment.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in systems engineering or solutions engineering.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, software engineering or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of and experience with Windows, *ux, virtualized, and containerized solutions.
- Experience with configuration and documentation from high and low level system and IP network designs.
- Ability to understand and articulate details associated with existing customer solutions and create customer specific procedures to integrate.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced organization with aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, maintaining accountability to management.
- Experience with automation/ansible is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.